- - Clean up Westminster
- - Devolve power to the lowest practicable level
- - Make Public services work for the people who use them
- - Bring foreign and domestic policy back in line with public opinion
- - Replace the quango state with genuine democracy
- - Refresh our political system through localism and the use of referendums
The Plan has been written by two young politicians who have discovered first hand how inert is the machinery of the British state, and how intense is the consequent anger on the doorstep. They offer an analysis of why people are sick and tired of politicians, and what can be done about it. Douglas Carswell, is the forward-looking MP for Harwich and Clacton, and Daniel Hannan the firebrand MEP for the South of England. You can read more about Douglas here and about Dan, here.